Combining DSL- modem/router and 4G-modem/router via Load Balance Broadband Router TL-R470T+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Combining DSL- modem/router and 4G-modem/router via Load Balance Broadband Router TL-R470T+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-16 00:29:10 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:16:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Is it possible to connect a DSL-modem/router and a 4G-modem-router to the TP-Link Load Balance Broadband Router TL-R470T+.
To be exact a Draytek Vigor 2760n (DSL) and a Huawei E5186 (4G).
On the forum I read this thread: How to combine two DSL connections in one and from which I understand: No. And which of course surprised me.
Another thread: How to connect tplink 3g supported router to tl-r480t+ I understand it is possible to connect a router. And no surprise because that it where the R470 is made for?

But I am in doubt. Please help me.

I assume that the two routers (DSL and 4G) need some adjustments in their setup, for example disable the DHCP-server on them? Otherwise the connected routers will conflict with the TP-Link?

Thanks for any answer.

Pierre
Options
1 Reply
Re:Combining DSL- modem/router and 4G-modem/router via Load Balance Broadband Router TL-R470T+
2021-12-23 20:49:30

@Pierre 

Yes you can 

Make sure the 4g router default is not 192.168.0.1

Change it to 127.0.0.1 or any IP address 

Sometimes the IP address of the 4g router is the same as the load balance router that will make a conflict ...dsl router are on bringing mode so it won't be a problem

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2064

Replies: 1