TL-ER5120 Policy Routing not working as expected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-04 04:50:48 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:58:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all!

I have bought a TL-ER5120 broadband router to use it at my office which has 3 WAN links and I want to segment my network to make use of these 3 WAN effectively.

I want some static IP's traffic go through some of the WAN's depending of the department that those IP's belong but it seems the router ignores completely the Policy Routing rules (or maybe I am not understanding how they really work)

I was testing how they work and I configured all my network traffic (192.168.1.0/24) from all protocols to go through WAN 1 while WAN 2 and WAN 3 are active and up.

After I configured the Policy Routing rule I checked the IP Traffic Statistics and I noticed that some traffic of random IP's actually went through WAN 2 and WAN 3 while the Policy Routing was configured to make all traffic go through WAN 1 and now I am confused.

If this didn't work as expected then It is impossible to route specific IP's as I want.

How can I effectively achieve this? I am starting to thing that maybe this router model is broken and it doesn't work.

Is there a way to restrict all traffic to go through specific WAN to ensure the traffic goes only where I want?

Thank you
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-ER5120 Policy Routing not working as expected
2017-03-07 03:55:17 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:58:46
Here is my actual configuration.

As you can see the 2 WAN's are active and UP, policy is configured an running and my computer IP address is 192.168.1.10

Traffic is going through WAN 1 and WAN 2

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
File:
01.PNGDownload
02.jpgDownload
03.PNGDownload
04.PNGDownload
05.PNGDownload
06.PNGDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0