EAP225 Access Point is not recognized by sone devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-22 00:36:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I installed and configured a new EAP225 with no issues. Immediately saw that the SSID was listed in my iPhone as an available network and connected to it. Same with other Apple devices. The problem is that some (but not all) windows laptops are not seeing the SSID. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mark
Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP225 Access Point is not recognized by sone devices
2017-03-22 03:11:13
Is your access point configured with SSIDs on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? If you somehow only managed to get 5GHz set up, then it's possible the Windows laptops (perhaps older, 802.11g-only or draft-802.11n wireless adapters) may not be able to communicate on 5GHz and thus can't see it.

Another thought, do you have any special characters in your SSID name? Windows (and some other devices) don't handle special characters that well. I've found that I can get away with spaces with little trouble, but adding other stuff (apostrophes, hyphens, etc) occasionally causes some adapters/software to barf.
Options
Re:EAP225 Access Point is not recognized by sone devices
2017-03-22 22:16:43
You nailed it! The 2.4GHz was not listed in the configuration. All devices are now able to connect. Thanks!!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1411

Replies: 2