Direkt login into Hotspot-Manger is not possible (Login authentication failed)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-12 14:30:03
Model : 9x EAP220 and EAP-Controller Software Version: 2.4.7
Hardware Version : 1.0
Firmware Version : 2.0.3 Build 20170113 Rel. 55505

I have to setup a hotel wifi-hotspot (with portal and client vouchers) including 9 EAP 220 and EAP Controller tomorrow. I installed all in a test envirement in my office and the essentials are working nicely. But if I logout the admin from EAP Controller and go directly to "https://controller-ip-address:8043/hotspot/login" there is no login possible. Not as admin, not as operator. I always get the message "Login authentication failed". When I login using the same accounts into the controller-software first ( https://controller-ip-address:8043/) it works fine. But thats not a good solution. I want to setup one account for the hotel-reception desk to generate tickets and to have a look at the hotspot-infopages. They will torture me and the controller-software-settings if they need full admin access to generate new guest-tickets... Please, please help.
File:
EAP Controller Hotspot_2017-04-12_08-23-43.jpgDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Direkt login into Hotspot-Manger is not possible (Login authentication failed)
2017-05-04 10:08:38
After I configured the operater account in hotspot, and then close the web browser totally, I can login "https://controller-ip-address:8043/hotspot/login" with the operater account which I set in hotspot...
So I think it should be ok, there is no need to keep login the EAP controller's web interface. Would you double check the relative operator account settings?
Options
Re:Direkt login into Hotspot-Manger is not possible (Login authentication failed)
2017-05-04 14:21:37

zaizai wrote

...So I think it should be ok, there is no need to keep login the EAP controller's web interface. Would you double check the relative operator account settings?

After getting no answer, not here, not from hotline, not from distributor - I uninstalled everything, made a new clean install, didnt change most of default settings and it works since then. I have fear to doublecheck anything. So, I let it running like it is now. Sorry, I couldn't wait nearly one month for an answer, its an active hotel, with lots of guests and their first question "wifi-ticket, please!"...
Options
2017-05-04 17:06:19

nexus6 wrote

I have fear to doublecheck anything.

No need to do so. The Hotspot manager of the EAC works out of the box including direct logins. Maybe you mistyped the password when creating an operator account (it is not double-checked if you create operator accounts in the Hotspot manager).
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 842

Replies: 3