EAP wall mount: why is it recommended to install with ethernet port downward?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-30 17:47:42
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Just bought an EAP225 and when reading the Quick Installation Guide (Wall Mounting section) I notice that you recommend installing the EAP with the ethernet port downward. Is there a particular reason for this? I would prefer installing it the other way around. Following the recommendation also means that the logo will be upside down.

Thanks,
/Stefan
Options
6 Reply
Re:EAP wall mount: why is it recommended to install with ethernet port downward?
2017-05-01 00:02:54

stefanh wrote

I notice that you recommend installing the EAP with the ethernet port downward. Is there a particular reason for this?

Not that I know of. You could also mount it the other way around. No idea why they have added this recommendation to their installation guide. Maybe someone has complained about the Ethernet cable not going straight to the outlet at the bottom of the wall if the EAP is mounted with the logo in its correct position. ;)
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:EAP wall mount: why is it recommended to install with ethernet port downward?
2017-05-01 01:01:35
OK - thanks!
Options
2017-05-15 11:29:33

stefanh wrote

Just bought an EAP225 and when reading the Quick Installation Guide (Wall Mounting section) I notice that you recommend installing the EAP with the ethernet port downward. Is there a particular reason for this?.

It's an installation stipulation of certification authorities such as CE,FCC and IC. Hope the upside down logo don't bother you too much.
Options
2017-05-16 01:05:55

tplink_smb wrote

It's an installation stipulation of certification authorities such as CE,FCC and IC. Hope the upside down logo don't bother you too much.

OK - thanks. Do you know the reason for it?
Options
2017-05-16 01:44:22
I hope the regulatory authorities allow for an exception of this stipulation if the EAP is mounted at the ceiling in the center of a room. ;)
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-09-04 13:47:54

@stefanh If mounted with the Ehternet Port Upward, would it not collect dirt and possiblyt moisture? I want to mount mine with the antenna downward and use a silicone based sealant to protect the electronics but I am skeptial as the the signal pattern. I need to mount these int he top most portion of a large warehouse with metal girders. I want the antenna below the girders. I may endup just placing them on a drop down PVC Pipe instead.

Thoughts?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1761

Replies: 6