EAP225 Failed to authenticate adopt info

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-05 03:12:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a single one of these devices on a simple LAN. I have reset and reprogrammed it 4 times. It just wont adopt in the EAP controller.
After a reset, it asks you to set the SSID and password, then it asks for an admin name, email and password.
i tried admin and gave it a password, then in the EAP screen it shows Pending, click the check mark and enter 'admin' and the password but always says Failed to Authenticate Adopt info.
Reset the device, setup user name other than admin (used my name) and password, same problem, wont authenticate adopt info.
Reset again, choose different password, same thing.
It simply wont take it.
Tried rebooting the device (without a reset, just power cycling) same thing.
Im running it with PoE injector, it can see it but cant adopt it.
Suggestions?
First time using this device and very shortly will be my last.
Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP225 Failed to authenticate adopt info
2017-05-05 14:58:03
Do you mean you need to configure the SSID/Password/Admin name/email/password for the EAP or EAP controller?

As I know, when we reset the EAP, it will only ask us to configure the admin name and password. Then the controller will be able to adopt it with this admin name and password.
Options
2017-05-05 19:00:08
So i got it working but its a Very misleading issue.

When its new and you set it up, You load the controller software and setup the SSID and password then you choose a username and password.
Then when you go to Adopt the controller it prompts for a username and password. So you enter what you just setup 10 seconds before but it will Not take that.
It did however take "admin" and "admin" then then adopted the device and programmed it with the ssid and info i gave it.
the quick start guide that comes with it does Not say to do that nor does it mention "admin" "admin" at that point.
Anyway, unclear documentation but its working. :)
Options
2017-05-06 10:06:18

bobkaron wrote

After a reset, it asks you to set the SSID and password, then it asks for an admin name, email and password.
i tried admin and gave it a password, then in the EAP screen it shows Pending, click the check mark and enter 'admin' and the password but always says Failed to Authenticate Adopt info.
Reset the device, setup user name other than admin (used my name) and password, same problem, wont authenticate adopt info.

To adopt the EAP in the controller, you need to supply the EAPs username/password, which is admin/admin after a reset, no matter what password you did set for the EAP controller.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2022-02-06 04:44:42 - last edited 2022-02-06 05:00:50

User: admin Pass: admin1234 

I have to configure it from the cell phone¡¡¡¡

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8479

Replies: 4

Related Articles