link eap245 bad latency dropping packets 5ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-30 20:58:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am having a problem with lots of dropped packets and long RTT latency within my LAN with my TP-Link EAP245 access point on 5GHz but not 2.4GHz. I need real-time packet management for wireless remote control of a ham radio transceiver where both wireless remote and hardwired radio have to be on the same LAN.

I believe it is the TP-Link AP because I have tested the same setup with two different ISP’s (Optimum cable and Fios both using WPA2) in my workshop so distance is not a factor. Both ISPs provide short Pings (10-40ms) and upload speeds >75 Mbps and download > 50 Mbps.
For testing – my ham radio is only in receiver mode so no interfering RF signals and both routers are nearby. In my final situation, the router will be 75’ away, through some stone and metal walls so I planned to have a long run of CAT6 from the router via a POE switch to the TP-Link EAP245 access point.

But for my testing, everything is in the same workshop. First setup: Optimum Cable ISP with D-Link DIR 866L WiFi Router. My wireless radio remote works great with the router 2.4G SSID as well as the 5 GHz SSID – with no dropped packets. I then added the EAP245 with two new different SSID’s and my wireless radio remote works great on the EAP245 2.4GHz SSID but shows poor signal strength and high rates of dropped packets on the EAP245 5GHz SSID. The distance is line of sight about 3-4 meters. I repeat the same testing on the FiOS IPS with their G1100 WiFi Router and get the identical results as with the Optimum setup without and with the EAP245.

So it clearly seems that the EAP245 is having problems on 5GHz with dropping packets. Any there settings that may help fix the problem or identify the problem?

Jerry
Options
1 Reply
Re:link eap245 bad latency dropping packets 5ghz
2017-06-12 13:40:41
Suggest you to do a spectrum analyze on 5GHz, at the mean time, please select a cleaner channel on EAP245.
Besides, for the configuration of EAP245, you need set its Tx power as high level, and then you can use inSSIDer for survey in the place near your ham radio, and see the EAP245's 5GHz signal is good or not?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1025

Replies: 1