TP-LINK CPE510 does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-05 22:39:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, yesterday I bought on Amazon "TP-LINK CPE510" and today I have tried to use it to extend my wifi (ADSL) connection, but when i press "Survey" the device does not find any wifi connections, and I am not able to figure out the reason. I bought it because I have to extend the signal to my second house, which is 100 meters distant from the 1st one. Can you please help me?
Options
6 Reply
Re:TP-LINK CPE510 does not work
2017-06-06 12:08:02
First you must know that you have purchased a device in 5.8GHz, when doing a Site Survey, it will only show you all the networks in 5.8GHz ...

The reason why it does not find any network probably is that all around are 2.4GHz, including the one you want to connect ...

Should see that first since it does not describe it in its problem...

Regards...
Options
2017-06-07 00:07:15
What's more residential wireless routers and access points broadcast in different 5.8Ghz frequencies than the outdoor CPEs.

The only case where you'll be able to lock on a indoor wifi AP using an outdoor CPE such as the CPE510 is if you have an unlocked unit and choose to use the test_mode.
Now serving finite customer via f(x)=AirTime/∞ on the 5Ghz band :-/
Options
2017-06-07 04:07:04
So I should buy the 2.4 GHz one? There's no way it could work? thank you

Victor Ramos wrote

First you must know that you have purchased a device in 5.8GHz, when doing a Site Survey, it will only show you all the networks in 5.8GHz ...

The reason why it does not find any network probably is that all around are 2.4GHz, including the one you want to connect ...

Should see that first since it does not describe it in its problem...

Regards...
Options
2017-06-07 04:08:59
When I reset it there are no option to choose my region, so I can't set it in test_mode. It only allows me to choose the language. Shall I buy the other one or did I do anyhing wrong? thank you

RTouris wrote

What's more residential wireless routers and access points broadcast in different 5.8Ghz frequencies than the outdoor CPEs.

The only case where you'll be able to lock on a indoor wifi AP using an outdoor CPE such as the CPE510 is if you have an unlocked unit and choose to use the test_mode.
Options
2017-06-08 22:22:32
I've just worked out why it doesn't work, it's because my ADSL is only 2.4 GHz

Options
2017-06-09 00:58:18

jarodcracco wrote

When I reset it there are no option to choose my region, so I can't set it in test_mode. It only allows me to choose the language. Shall I buy the other one or did I do anyhing wrong? thank you

Affirmative .... deploy TEST_MODE will not reach the WiFi signals in 2.4GHz ...

You should buy a CPE210 .... sorry, wrong device in wrong scenario ...

Regards....
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4169

Replies: 6

Related Articles