3x EAP225 Using Management Software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-27 19:24:31
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi There,

We are struggling with 3x EAP225(EU) V1 latest firmware 1.0.0 Build 20160909 Rel. 40914

The problem we have is that all laptop and computer are experiencing inconsistent connectivity.

The connection drops for between 30 and 60 seconds. The time frame and inconsistent nature of the drops don't give me enough time to trace it to the source.

We have split the network 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, set the 2.4Ghz to b/g mixed mode and 20mhz
We have also tired setting the mode to N only and mixed b/g/n

I have tried setting the MTU to a low value on the laptops.

I have setup all three APs as stondalone APS with unique SSIDS and had divided the users manually between the APs. But the problem persists.
We have replaced the Netgear switches in the server cabinet and we have reconfigure the DHCP services, and moved the DHCP to another server.
We have replaced all the patch leads and checked the patch panels and checked every network cable running into the cabinet.

I have run PRTG to monitor the switches ports and the APs IPs to see if it can detect the drops.

The bottom line is I have exhausted all my options.

Any ideas as to what else can be done.
Options
4 Reply
Re:3x EAP225 Using Management Software
2017-07-28 17:49:33

Chadley wrote

The connection drops for between 30 and 60 seconds. The time frame and inconsistent nature of the drops don't give me enough time to trace it to the source.

What do you mean with "connection drops"?

Do the connected devices lose the WiFi association to the EAPs or is the data link over WiFi dropping? How exactly do you detect those drops?
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-07-29 14:58:06
I mean exactly that. You are working on your laptop. And it reconnects to the Wi-Fi. All your open shared folders stop responding. Your web browser hangs. The connection drops for up 60 sec. Not one PC all of them. I have a Wi-Fi analyser on my phone. And while running it, i can see the SSID disappear from screen. And reapppear a few secs later.
Options
2017-07-29 19:28:13

Chadley wrote

I mean exactly that. You are working on your laptop. And it reconnects to the Wi-Fi. All your open shared folders stop responding. Your web browser hangs. The connection drops for up 60 sec. Not one PC all of them. I have a Wi-Fi analyser on my phone. And while running it, i can see the SSID disappear from screen. And reapppear a few secs later.

That's why I asked: The WiFi signal is a pulsed signal and the SSID disappears and re-appears all the time in a WiFi analyzers scan without breaking active WiFi connections and data links. However, if the data link over WiFi drops, that's another problem I never experienced on any of our EAPs. Sorry, no idea what could cause a dropping data link.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-08-03 16:23:18
If your drop can be recovered automatically, most of times, I think it might caused by the wireless interference, so please make sure there is no interference nearby, you canuse inSSIDer to survey the wireless environment.
Besides, you need to select non-overlapped channels for these three EAPs, in case they will interfere with each other.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1025

Replies: 4

Related Articles