C3150 2.4GHz and 5GHz network clients are isolated from each other

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-30 23:07:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Background: I have a new C3150 v1, using Smart Connect to use only one SSID and let the router chooses which client uses which band. I have a few IP cameras and smart outlets (different brands) that can be controlled via WiFi, and they can only use the 2.4GHz. I have some smartphones and tablets that can use the 5GHz as well as 2.4GHz.

Issue: I find that I cannot access or see these 2.4GHz devices at all from my smartphones that happen to be using the 5GHz band. If I force the same smartphone to connect to the 2.4GHz radio (by moving farther away from the router), it immediately can see and control the 2.4GHz cameras and smart outlets fine.

So I've come to the conclusion that somehow the 2.4GHz and 5GHz clients are isolated, by mistake of the firmware/routing. Any ideas?

Additional parameters:
Smart Connect is ON
AP Isolation is OFF on both bands
Airtime Fairness is OFF on both bands
MU-MIMO is OFF
Guest network in ON, only enabled on the 2.4GHz radio
Options
2 Reply
Re:C3150 2.4GHz and 5GHz network clients are isolated from each other
2017-07-31 17:33:19
Does the guest network have the same SSID with main networks? Maybe you can try turn it off and check again. Also does this happen on all the devices using 5G? How about try to disable smart connect and give different SSIDs to the 2.4G and 5G?
Options
Same things happened to me
2017-08-24 18:21:22
Same things happened to me, so I use only 2.4GHz
Options