EAP330 connected but not accessible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-01 09:41:35
Model : EAP330

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a new setup with 2 x EAP330 access points. The EAP controller has successfully adopted and connected the new access points, however when I move away from the modem/router in the area that should be covered by one of the EAP330, I loose all signal. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the EAP controller in case this had an issue but still no signal near the access points. I have also placed the EAP onto the network map and when I look at the picture for coverage, I don't see any heat maps?
Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP330 connected but not accessible
2017-08-04 14:28:29
Hi Grantv,

The map cannot show if the AP is broadcasting the SSID. You may need to do some site survey to check if the AP is broadcasting the SSID, WiFi Analyzer is recommended, it's an Android app (the function of IOS version is limited). If you still cannot find the SSID of the AP underneath the AP, then here are some suggestions:
1. Make sure the firmware version of the EAP and EAP Controller are the newest. You can check and download the newest firmware from TP-LINK official webstie.
2. Try to change the channel of the 2.4G and 5G radio. (you can choose a clearer channel by using WiFi Analyzer)
3. Make sure the Mode is 802.11 b/g/n mixed for 2.4G and 802.11 a/n/ac mixed for 5G network

You can also try to close the EAP Controller and log into the login the EAP in standalone (the login account has been changed to the Device Account by the EAP Controller, you can find the Device Account in the System page) and check if the EAP Controller has issued the configurations, especially the wireless configuration to the EAP.

If the problem still exists, please try to contact the support of TP-LINK directly via support@tp-link.com.

Best Wishes,
Tom Wu
Options
Re:EAP330 connected but not accessible
2017-08-07 10:32:36
Thanks Tom. I ended up calling the support and I now have it all working well.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 816

Replies: 2