Unable to understand to configure an interswitch connection (uplink, trunk) for several VLANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to understand to configure an interswitch connection (uplink, trunk) for several VLANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-18 15:23:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello !

I am looking for instructions. No wonder (!??), on the TP-LINK site, there is really nothing.
I am sitting and want to create an uplink from a TL-SG3109 to a TL-SG316.
Both have overlapping VLANs, wicth members on both switches.
The ports for the VLANs are the usual access ports, where only one VLAN is allowed.
But on the uplink, the port must tag the packets from the different VLANs and I see
no way to make this.

>Unknown value Port g2:Action is Illegal in current Port Mode..<

The userinterface is really the latest bul ...

If someone can explain or has a link to an example (probably with screenshots),
this would be a big help!

There is one example on the TP-LINK website to configure something similar
and this reflects my imagination and knowledge - but the products and their
UIs are completely different ....

I am just on plan to buy 3 new T1700G, but I started looking for something better.

Thanks anyway,
Manfred
Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to understand to configure an interswitch connection (uplink, trunk) for several VLANs
2017-09-19 09:46:10

mabra wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello !

I am looking for instructions. No wonder (!??), on the TP-LINK site, there is really nothing.
I am sitting and want to create an uplink from a TL-SG3109 to a TL-SG316.
Both have overlapping VLANs, wicth members on both switches.
The ports for the VLANs are the usual access ports, where only one VLAN is allowed.
But on the uplink, the port must tag the packets from the different VLANs and I see
no way to make this.

>Unknown value Port g2:Action is Illegal in current Port Mode..<

The userinterface is really the latest bul ...

If someone can explain or has a link to an example (probably with screenshots),
this would be a big help!

There is one example on the TP-LINK website to configure something similar
and this reflects my imagination and knowledge - but the products and their
UIs are completely different ....

I am just on plan to buy 3 new T1700G, but I started looking for something better.

Thanks anyway,
Manfred

Hi Mabra,Maybe you have not found the FAQ in tp-link website. For TL-SG3109(this is the old model number), you can check the link: http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-329.html
For TL-SG3216, you chan check the link: http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-328.html
Options