Whats the main difference between EAP and CAP Environment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-16 16:27:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I need some APs for a retail store (internal / guest wlan). I think I need about 15 APs to cover the whole store. What is the main Advantage for EAP or CAP APs? Boths are manageable, EAP with SW Controller, CAP with HW Controller. So, why should I choose the Option with the HW Controller?

Thanks in advance
Options
1 Reply
Re:Whats the main difference between EAP and CAP Environment
2018-05-17 09:08:15

athier wrote

MSo, why should I choose the Option with the HW Controller?

If this question arises for you, you shouldn't choose the HW controller. :D

Seriously, see the data sheet and the manual of AC50/500 and compare with the data sheet and manual of EAP Controller. If you need functions the HW controller offers, use it. If not, consider use of the EAP Controller. Main difference is the level of configuration options the HW controller offers compared to EAP Controller. AC50/500 is suitable for big enterprises with an own IT department and requirements for high WiFi availability and fail-over for example, while EAP Controller might be better suited to small and medium businesses, who prefer a more easy-to-use WiFi network.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2624

Replies: 1

Related Articles