Setting up DSCP QOS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setting up DSCP QOS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setting up DSCP QOS
Setting up DSCP QOS
2018-06-16 05:01:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey Guys,

New to this forum so my first post. I have a TP-Link TL-SG108E and there is an option to use DSCP for QOS however when i select this on the switch using the easy smart configuration utility it doesn't give me any further options to actually configure to ensure i am seeing the correct DSCP markings. I am looking to prioritise packets for Zoom, Whatsapp web and youtube. My markings after running a wireshark is showing best efforts CS0 for Skype, UDP etc. Can you configure this switch for particular markings such as AF31 for SIP and EF for RTP or is the switch not capable for this kind of configuration? I know there is port based QOS but this does not seem to be suitable enough. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Gary
Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting up DSCP QOS
2018-06-20 15:46:35
If you want DSCP QoS takes effects, the different data of Zoom, whatsapp, youtube and so on need to have different priority fields. TL-SG108E only can recognizes priority fields and does not add or modify the fields.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2484

Replies: 1

Related Articles