Connectivity loss when crowds around (cpe210 bridge)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-24 11:49:51

I have 2 lans connected through a short wifi bridge across the street (20 or 30 m.), consisting in 2 cpe210 antennas. This setup is stable and works perfectly almost all the year, but for some days when a local festival gathers some hundreds of people in the area (but no electronic infrastructure, no wireless microphones p.ex., just a lot of people).

These days, when a show starts, there can be connectivity issues (maybe due to interference from mobile phones?). Both stations say that there is strong wifi signal, and appear to be connected to each other, but pings won't reach the opposite antena or beyond. When the show ends and people go back to home, everything works normally again. I can't see any abnormal interference or noise levels connecting locally to the antennas, but I'm no expert and I don't know what to look for.

I can live with this, it's just a week with connectivity losses that last a couple hours, but it's very annoying.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re: Connectivity loss when crowds around (cpe210 bridge)
2018-09-24 22:43:00

J.Prats wrote

These days, when a show starts, there can be connectivity issues (maybe due to interference from mobile phones?).

That's it (interference). The mobile phones will acquire a certain amount of AirTime, which then isn't available for the CPE210. This shows up as a good WiFi signal, but throughput decreases with increasing number of other radios. There is not much one can do in this case, since the WiFi band is a shared medium, open to everyone.

You could try to enable MAXtream if your "bridge" uses a CPE in AP mode and the other in Client mode; this could probably improve the situation somewhat. But if you use Bridge or Repater modes on the remote CPE, MAXtream isn't available in those modes.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options