Omada Controller Running On Linux Box Died, Can I Spin Up A New One Without Losing Existing Config?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Controller Running On Linux Box Died, Can I Spin Up A New One Without Losing Existing Config?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-30 01:53:13
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello- The Linux machine that was hosting the Omada Controller died and I must spin up a new machine to host the controller. Am I able to do this while retaining all existing configurations for the ~15 EAP245 AP's I have already on the network?

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada Controller Running On Linux Box Died, Can I Spin Up A New One Without Losing Existing Config?
2019-04-30 05:51:44 - last edited 2019-04-30 08:12:23

Hi,

If you only need to backup the configuraiton, you can backup the configuraiton on Controller Settings ----> Backup & Restore.

If  you need the connection information of the EAP, you can copy the data file on the installation path, then when you install a now Controller, just use the data file you copied to replace the old one. Here is a faq you can learn:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2288/

Options