What would you recommend as a professional WiFi solution? And why?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-19 05:34:02 - last edited 2019-08-23 11:40:34
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Right now I'm testing a Cisco new residential projects in lower parel AIR-AP2702I with a WLC 2504 and I find it a bit disappointing. Cisco recommends to not use dhcp on the wlc and it can't NAT. Had to use another router just for nat and dhcp. And the worst part is that the wlc is causing some weird mac flaps on the vlan. office space in pune

Options
1 Reply
Re:What would you recommend as a professional WiFi solution? And why?
2019-08-19 09:16:40 - last edited 2019-08-19 09:24:49

austindsouza wrote

Right now I'm testing a Cisco AIR-AP2702I with a WLC 2504 and I find it a bit disappointing. Cisco recommends to not use dhcp on the wlc and it can't NAT. Had to use another router just for nat and dhcp. And the worst part is that the wlc is causing some weird mac flaps on the vlan.

A professionell WiFi solution consists of:

• a router with firewall / NAT / VLAN capabilities and a DHCP server (for assigning IPs to mobile clients only),
  • one or more switches (unmanaged, managed and/or PoE),
  • a WiFi controller
  • and APs.

The recommendation to not use DHCP for switches, controllers and even APs is absolutely correct. Also, NAT does not belong to a WiFi controller, since it needs connection tracking, but controllers do not necessarily see all connections, just mgmt traffic from APs.

BTW: there is an own forum for professional business-class WiFi solutions - this forum is for wireless broadband products (i.e. WISP equipment).

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 737

Replies: 1

Related Articles