DOWNLINK port on EAP115wall

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-12 10:22:56
Model: EAP115-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 Build 20190216 Rel. 60523

Hi, I'm using some EPA 115 wall in a hotel, but I find that customers connect to the DOWNLINK port and skip the portal. Is there any way that what they connect to the port happens through the portal? Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:DOWNLINK port on EAP115wall
2019-09-15 10:16:27

@ClinicaMicro 

When we manage the EAP, what we do on the Omada Controller or on the web browser only takes effect on the wireless client devices.

The configuration will not take effect on those client devices which connect to the EAP via the ethernet cable. 

Options
Re:DOWNLINK port on EAP115wall
2019-10-01 10:39:11

@forrest 

pues eso es un fallo de seguridad muy grande. yo que decido poner un AP en cada habitación para ofrecer la posibilidad al cliente de conectar su portatil por ethernet, y resulta que si lo hacen , se saltan toda la seguridad, limites de velocidad etc. ¿Hay alguna manera de hacer que el OC-200 administre la red clableada? Veo que tiene 2 puertos, pero conectando al segundo puerto, tampoco hace nada.

Well, that is a very big security flaw. I decide to put an AP in each room to offer the customer the possibility of connecting their laptop via ethernet, and it turns out that if they do, they will skip all security, speed limits etc. Is there a way to make the OC-200 manage the wired network? I see that it has 2 ports, but connecting to the second port, it does nothing either.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1093

Replies: 2

Related Articles