Fixed IP/ Ip Reservation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Fixed IP/ Ip Reservation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Fixed IP/ Ip Reservation
Fixed IP/ Ip Reservation
2021-01-22 12:10:28 - last edited 2021-04-18 09:58:03
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

Hello there

I seem to be having issues (intermittent) with IP reservation or fixed Ip as they do not have that feature yet as it seems.

When I set up a fixed IP on a wireless Device, I get an issue where all wireless device get a DHCP error, failed to get an IP address, only way to fix that is to clear all fixed IP cleared and then all wireless devices connect fine.

example happening now: 

if I put my phone on fixed IP, I get success on Omada dashboard but if I disconnect my phone and reconnect it, it says failed to get an ip address, but weirdly enough if I disconnect another wireless device and reconnect it, I get the same issue even though there is no fixed IP address set up, to fix that I need to clear the fixed IP address on my phone and all other devices connect fine too.

I have a 10.1.0.1/24  Ip range and online 16 device in the flat  so more than enough.

no issues at all with IP fixed on wired connection.

wireless seems to be the issue

hardware set up:

T-R605 1x

EAP 245 3 x

2 VLAN

1 DATA

2 GUEST

any ideas guys?

thanks 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Fixed IP/ Ip Reservation
2021-01-22 17:55:35 - last edited 2021-04-18 09:58:03

@Stevenfrenchy 

seems to work fine for some IP address but not the one I want even though they are not being used, i can't ping them.

any help much apreciated 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 583

Replies: 1

Related Articles