How to connect my TL-R605 to my TL-SG3428XMP PoE switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-09 04:20:38
Model: TL-SG3428XMP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hi all,

Can someone help me to understand what I am doing wrong?  I have a TL-SG3428XMP PoE switch, managed with OC200.

I am trying to connect my Spectrum ISP internet through my TL-R605 router via standard Ethernet using a (Cable Matters)1000BASE-T Gigabit SFP to RJ45 Copper Ethernet Modular Transceiver.

I was under the impression that this would allow me to provide connectivity to the switch for other devices.

It does not seem to work and the port doesn't have any linked devices.

Did I buy the wrong device for my setup?  I was hoping to future proof my system for a fiber connection in the future.

I am a relative newb so I appreciate the help.

Thank you.

Raymond

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to connect my TL-R605 to my TL-SG3428XMP PoE switch?
2021-06-10 03:26:52

@cosmicrays 

Hey there,

Want to know if you can log in to OC200's controller page and check the status of your gateway and switch, for example, the IP address and the firmware version. Please note that the OC200's controller version needs to match the firmware of the router and switch.

There may not have an IP conflict issue for router and switch, the default IP address for ER605 and TL-SG3428XMP is 192.168.0.1. But the SDN firmware for switch can make TL-SG3428XMP obtain an IP address from the router automatically.

You can try to check the IP address on PC when connecting to switch, then you can do a Ping test, Ping IP of switch, Ping router's IP, Ping 8.8.8.8 one by one to locate the issue is from which part.

Wish you can get everything working soon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 605

Replies: 1

Related Articles