Ports not working on dual wan!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-28 15:34:16
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

Hello! 

I have a very complicated problem and i think it's related with tplink r605 

I have one speedport plus modem for my vdsl line 

I have also one ha35 4g lte modem for my 2nd Internet line and im doing the load balance for both of them with r605 and for routing i have one Asus dsl ac52u for WiFi and qos! 

So i have the following settings 

Vdsl modem lan ip 192.168.1.1 

4g modem 192.168.3.1

Tplink 192.168.0.1

Asus 192.168.2.1 with static ip and Internet over lan that lead on the tplink! 

Load balance working amazing but port forwarding is a mess and i have done everything i know no results so far! 

I want the vdsl modem to have open ports for my pc! I have set static ip on my pc 192.168.2.20, open the ports on Asus for that ip and from vdsl modem i have open the same ports for tplink load balance with the correct ip (192.168.1.11) i have also disabled any firewall  settings on tplink i found but still my Nat type is very very strict! 

I have also tried to make Asus make ppoe call trough tp link load balance so my isps modem let me pass through Nat but no luck! The only way i can make ppoe call is with cable direct connected to my isp modem but then the load balance is not working.. 

I know too many machines cause many many problems but this is the only way to get very fast line atm.. Also i cannot change the isp modem easy because its VOIP and only few other modems will work like avm fritzbox without the passwords for voip.. 

I want to know if there is a way for proper opening ports on tplink r605 or if its possible to make my Asus get ppoe call but through tplink so i can have the load balance working! 

I can provide many more details if needed because i know that is pure mess with all that modem and routers working together! Just ask me for more details and i will post them! 😊

Thanks in advance! 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Ports not working on dual wan!
2021-06-29 01:52:19 - last edited 2021-06-29 01:54:16

@Cursing 

Hi, would you draw a network map for us, so we can understand it more correctly? and how about try to enable DMZ for your PC?

You can also follow this one for troubleshooting.

Why virtual server (port forwarding) feature is not working on your TP-Link Business router?

By the way, are you using Controller or just the web interface to manage your Router?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-07-06 14:19:37 - last edited 2021-07-06 14:20:12

Sorry for the delay , i was working.. im using the tplink just with web interface !

So i have one speedport plus with lan ip 192.168.1.1 its vdsl + voip i have set DMZ for 192.168.1.11 (tplink load balance ip adress )

I have one HUAWEI Home Gateway ha35 its 4g modem and lan ip 192.168.3.1 no ports here needed so this is fine as it is i guess

one asus DSL-AC52U as bridge mode only for wifi qos and routing  with lan ip 192.168.2.1

asus ports enabled , if asus is connected direct on vdsl modem with ppoe they work since asus is doing ppoe ,if i try to make ppoe through the tplink load balance its not possible

and the tplink ER605 v1.0 for load balance with lan ip 192.168.0.1

dmz on tplink has set for the asus ?

I have only few ideas on how to make it work.. 

1st buy a new better modem and router fritzbox ( supported by my isp so voip will work but the cost is 300 euro xD )

2nd idea i had was to make asus and modem at the same ip range and disable modems dhcp server , then from modem i could open ports for my pc and asus i think ?

3rd idea was to connect asus with ppoe on the modem , and use Asus as wan1 on tplink  but then load balance effect will not  work right?

i know its very complicated but im out of ideas.. if its important  to buy new modem router combo i will do it but again load balance will not work ?

or maybe i can keep only the 2 modems and use the one of them as modem router , but data from the 2nd wan will not combine with the 1st modem and send it on wifi or lan ports..

any help is welcome ! sorry for making so big post ! its the only way i can explain my stupid problem !

1@Virgo 

Options
2021-07-07 01:55:26

@Cursing 

Am I right about your network?

If you set DMZ, you should set DMZ for IP 192.168.0.11, the WAN IP address of your Asus Router, not the 192.168.2.1.

Moreover, from the IP address, it seems all of your devices are working on NAT mode, which means you have triple NAT. I'm not quite sure, but since you said port forwarding is working when connecting Asus to the modem directly, so just try DMZ and check again.

Options
2021-07-07 16:06:41

@Virgo your map is correct ! i changed the dmz of tplink to wan ip of asus , tested on websites and nothing.. i checked on call of duty nat check and ports was working.. so my problem the whole time was these sites not working ! omg i was searching for 1 month and all my testing rely on these sites... 

anyway looks like my problem is mostly fixed..  So i changed my dmz of my modem back to tplink , and from tplink dmz back to asus.. So in theory if i need more ports now i just use asus and open the ports for me correct? any reliable way to check my ports ? 

also you are correct about the 3 nat types , these make my network very very complicated and strict.. any way to disable at least nat of asus and tplink? and keep from modem since my ISP does not provide any way of disabling nat on modem ?

and one more last question , an important one.. what if i change my VDSL modem with one fritzbox modem router .. then any connection from that modem  router will not have the load balance effect correct? to make tplink load balance work you have to use the ports on the load balance only or there is more ways to send balanced packets back to modem and share to my network ?

thank you for helping me !

Options
2021-07-08 01:38:07

Cursing wrote

@Virgo your map is correct ! i changed the dmz of tplink to wan ip of asus , tested on websites and nothing.. i checked on call of duty nat check and ports was working.. so my problem the whole time was these sites not working ! omg i was searching for 1 month and all my testing rely on these sites... 

anyway looks like my problem is mostly fixed..  So i changed my dmz of my modem back to tplink , and from tplink dmz back to asus.. So in theory if i need more ports now i just use asus and open the ports for me correct? any reliable way to check my ports ? 

Yes, DMZ means open all ports for the destination IP, you have to set DMZ on your modem, the IP is TP-Link's WAN IP address, and set DMZ on TP-Link, the IP is Asus's WAN IP address. And make sure you can get a public IP on your DSL modem's WAN.

If you want to check if it's work or not, you can connect PC1 to your modem, and try to access PC2(via 192.168.1.11:port number), if you can get a reply, then it means TP-Link pass through it successfully. In a similar way, if you want to know if Asus has opened the port or not, connect PC1 to TP-Link, and use 192.168.0.11:port number to test it.

Another way, if you can get a public IP on your 4G modem, you can disconnect the 4G modem from TP-Link and connect it to a PC, use this PC to access the PC2. (via the WAN IP on your DSL modem:port number) so you can test if the DMZ on your modem is work or not.

also you are correct about the 3 nat types , these make my network very very complicated and strict.. any way to disable at least nat of asus and tplink? and keep from modem since my ISP does not provide any way of disabling nat on modem ?

Yes, if you want to disable the NAT on your Asus Router, you could set Asus to Access Point mode, it only provide WIFI connection, no router or firewall. And you have to open all necessary ports on TP-Link again.

and one more last question , an important one.. what if i change my VDSL modem with one fritzbox modem router .. then any connection from that modem  router will not have the load balance effect correct? to make tplink load balance work you have to use the ports on the load balance only or there is more ways to send balanced packets back to modem and share to my network ?

Not sure what do you mean... Load Balance only works on TP-Link, so only devices connecting to TP-Link could enjoy two WAN connection and load balance.

thank you for helping me !

@Cursing 

Hi, my answer is bold letters above.

Options
2021-07-12 12:51:36

okay the problems with ports looks like they are fixed! my asus router does not support router mode only so i need new router to remove the 1 extra nat..

but right now im facing another problem , when both wan are up and running im getting very high ping ( 40 ms on the same server ) once i remove the 4g modem then my ping goes down to 12 ping on same server.. any idea what could be ? i have set max WAN speed etc for my primary ISP but its not function correct ! any idea what i can do about it ?

@Virgo 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1784

Replies: 6

Related Articles