Hostname already in use - Device names assigned with increasing numeric sequence

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Hostname already in use - Device names assigned with increasing numeric sequence

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-05 15:26:14 - last edited 2021-10-09 00:40:16
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20210113 Rel.35074

Recently upgraded my network and everything is functionally working as expected. However, I started getting the following error: "the name of your computer 'Computer 1 (5404)' is already in use on this network. The name has been changed to 'Computer 1 (5412)'." It seems that several WiFi devices relying on bonjour services are all running into this, from printers to homepods, because their names have also taken on sequential numbering schemes when accessed via share or print menus. My configuration is as follows:

Devices:

ER605

TL-SG2210MP

EAP245 (x2)

Software controller, version 4.4.4 (Docker, RPi 4)

Avahi mDNS reflector (Docker, RPi 4)

Network:

VLAN1 

VLAN10 (main)

VLAN11 (guest)

VLAN20 (IoT +internet)

VLAN21 (IoT -internet)

In various threads, I've seen it suggested that devices connected to the same network via WiFi and ethernet may run into this, but all of my devices (with this issue) are exclusively wireless. Other threads suggest it's an issue with the mDNS reflector, but I'm having trouble nailing down a specific root cause. Has anyone run into this before and have any thoughts on possible solutions? Thanks in advance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 374

Replies: 0

Related Articles