Replacing existing Wired Outdoor AP with TPLink AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-25 12:48:09 - last edited 2022-09-25 13:02:46

Please see diagram if possible for better explanation

The configuration shown in the diagram are at two remote locations in an RV Park. If you look to the right of the diagram you see each has a CPE710 as the uplink.  To the left you can see I have an EAP 225 Outdoor that provides wireless connection to clients. The two CPE710 are connected in client mode to a central Wavlink AC1200 AP that is wired to the modem/router.  I was wanting to get away from the Wavlink for a couple of reasons. First it does not support Active POE and the Passive POE it uses a proprietary pin assignment that is not typical to Passive POE. Second is that I originally had Wavlink AC1200 APs in the location of the TPlink EAP 225 shown the diagram but they were failing so I saw the swap as an upgrade. I should not have assumed but I did, and thought since the CPE710 could connect to the Wavlinks in Client Mode, then surely they would connect to their own brand, but I was wrong.  The CPE710 cannot be connected in Client Mode to the EAP 225.

So I need to find a way to get around this. I need an outdoor AP to replace the wired Wavlink AC1200. It needs to be Active POE and will either accept Client Mode Connection from the CPE710, or will eliminate the need for the CPE710 by providing a strong enough signal to allow the Omada EAP Mesh to be used.  I did test a mesh using two EAP 225 Outdoor and the distance / obstructions made it less than desirable.  With my current configuration, the clients are getting the full bandwidth provided by the ISP. When I tried the EAP 225 Mesh, it was cut down significantly.

So the questions is, what can I put in place of the Wavlink AC1200, that is the central wired AP, that supports Active POE and can work with the CPE710 connected in client mode, or provide a stronger signal than an EAP225 so Mesh mode works and I do not need the CPE710? I was thinking maybe the EAP-610 Outdoor, which I assume would also not allow CPE710 Client mode, but might be robust enough to allow me to use the Mesh feature.

Any help appreciated.71f7dd3d356e4d138d38a261b9331e10

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 0

Related Articles