CPE210 not able to connect as client to Deco M9 unless security is None

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-13 10:31:06
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 Build 20200612 Rel. 41700 (4555)

I am not able to connect CPE210 in bridge mode as client of the WiFi Deco M9 unless both have Security Mode set to None. If on the M9 it is selected WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and WPA-PSK on CPE Wireless Client Settings, although there is the same password, the connection is impossible. Starting a Survey on CPE210, the Deco M9 WiFi network is properly discovered. All other WiFi devices can connect to the M9 WiFi without any problem.

Options
4 Reply
Re:CPE210 not able to connect as client to Deco M9 unless security is None
2022-11-14 13:34:10 - last edited 2022-11-14 13:51:29

@DAC1960  First off if there is an option to log events on the M9, enable it, if only temporarily, and see if it shows a connection failure reason.

Is encryption type (AES/TKIP) set to auto or is one manually selected on either device? You may try to set manually if not already and vise versa.  If that does not work then set the M9 to just WPA-PSK if that is an optio. I know that is not the solution you are seeking but if that setting is available you can try it and at least eliminate or confirm it as the issue. 

Options
2022-11-14 15:49:31

@RickJamesBish, thank you. Unfortunately the M9 has only 3 options for security, WPA2-PSK [AES], WPA2-PSK [AES] + WPA-PSK [TKIP] and NONE. Except, NONE, the first two are not working. How do I enable logging on M9 because it might a good idea!

RickJamesBish wrote

@DAC1960  First off if there is an option to log events on the M9, enable it, if only temporarily, and see if it shows a connection failure reason.

Is encryption type (AES/TKIP) set to auto or is one manually selected on either device? You may try to set manually if not already and vise versa.  If that does not work then set the M9 to just WPA-PSK if that is an optio. I know that is not the solution you are seeking but if that setting is available you can try it and at least eliminate or confirm it as the issue. 

Options
2022-11-14 22:10:43

@DAC1960 I am not sure you even can. If you can access a configuration page through your browser it should be easy to find if it exists.

Options
2022-11-18 09:58:17

Dear @DAC1960 ,

DAC1960 wrote

I am not able to connect CPE210 in bridge mode as client of the WiFi Deco M9 unless both have Security Mode set to None. If on the M9 it is selected WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and WPA-PSK on CPE Wireless Client Settings, although there is the same password, the connection is impossible. Starting a Survey on CPE210, the Deco M9 WiFi network is properly discovered. All other WiFi devices can connect to the M9 WiFi without any problem.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue.

The ticket ID is TKID221126619, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options