Roaming settings, force disconnect??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-20 02:41:37

Fast roaming, and ai roaming both should be on correct??  How about force disconnect??

Eap650 and 670, software controller on my nas. I have all 3 checked, just wanted to confirm.

Only been running like 2 weeks, so new to all of this. 

Thanks much for your time 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Roaming settings, force disconnect??
2023-01-20 03:07:31

@JS_racer 

When you turn on the fast roaming, it will work based on the IEEE 802.11k and 802.11v protocols. 

When you also turn on the AI, it will work based on the TP-Link self-developed algorithm based on that standards. So it's just another algorithm in the same standard, and you can only know the difference when you put it into action in your environment.

Force Disassociation: When using fast roaming, the controller gets information from EAPs and send a recommendation to the client, the client needs to decide if it wants to disassociate with the current AP and connect to the better AP (based on the controller recommendation) or not. When you turn it on, you force the client to listen to the controller's advice.

The bottom line, you can only tick Fast Roaming, and it works for you. For other options, you should see which one works best for you. I personally prefer to set the Force association as well. If you tick all three and you are happy with the network, just let them be as it is.

Options
2023-01-20 14:38:16

@JS_racer 

I agree with the previous post... so what ever works for you.

I like Fast Roaming and Force Disc.  But I do have some clients that have slightly older devices and it doesn't play happy with the protocol.  

Then you will need to manually enter the Mini Rssi values to force disco and let the wireless client reconnect to the closest AP.  

Food for thought, I usually set my mini rssi settings at -73 on both bands.  good starting number.  

But whatever works for your network.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-01-20 18:18:00

Appreciate the information.  Seems fast roaming, and force disconnect are the recommendations from you guys. To play with. 

Need to look a bit more into the ai one...didn't get any feelings from you guys on it .

Mainly the only roaming is 2 phones, 2 tablets, and a work laptop.  Rest of the devices are wired or stationary. 

Thanks again for your time 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1079

Replies: 3

Related Articles