Compatibility of SFP transceivers with fiber optic OM3 multimode or only ON2 multimode cables?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Compatibility of SFP transceivers with fiber optic OM3 multimode or only ON2 multimode cables?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-23 01:35:47 - last edited 2023-01-23 01:39:14
Model: TL-SX3008F  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I recent purchased some TP Link products to create an Omada system
plus more and various fiber cables

I have a question that i cannot seem to get a clear answer to,

i have some legacy sfp ports which i want to use in the network as a whole, 

Can an SFP transceiver use OM3 multi mode cable?  

Would there be a draw back from using OM2 multi mode fiber cable?

Will my SFP+ ports support an TP Link SFP transceiver ( used on a legacy sfp port and another sfp identical into a SFP+ port work?  (assuming manual select of speed ?)

I am tying the SFP+ router port(s) with the SFP+ switches with these 

10GbE SFP+ DAC Twinax Cable, 10Gbase-CU SFP+ Passive Copper Cable

the SFP switch uses the SPF port on the router to one of its SFP port.

all RJ45 cables are CAT 8 with POE

Any clarity on these issues would be appreciated. 

various OM 3 multi mode cables (lengths not longer then 50 meters)

OM1 single mode

most of the new equipment to be used is as follows

TP-Link TL-SX3016F                                                                          (1)

TP-Link TL-SM5110-LR 10GBase-LR SFP+ LC Transceiver             (10)

TP-Link ER8411                                                                                  (1)

TP-Link Omada Hardware Controller  Version 200                             (1)

TP-Link TL-SG2210MP                                                                       (1)

1.25G 850nm Multi mode SFP LC Transceiver Fiber Module 
550 Meters 1000Base-SX LC MMF                                                    (4)

TP-Link TL-SX3008F                                                                          (1)

10GBase-SR SFP+ Transceiver,10G SR 
SFP Multi-Mode LC Module 850nm                                                   (10)

TL-PoE170S  TP-Link Gigabit PoE Injector,                                      (2)

TL-PoE160S TP-Link Gigabit PoE Injector Adapter                           (2)

TP-Link EAP610-Outdoor                                                                  (2)

TP-Link Omada WiFi 6 AX1800 Wireless Gigabit
 Ceiling Mount Access Point (EAP620 HD)                                       (1)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 606

Replies: 0

Related Articles