Votes

Omada ER605 Advanced WAN Monitoring

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-01 18:52:46
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.1

Hello, I have searched the forum and other sites, and advanced WAN monitoring seems to be common need. My use case is as follows:

Issue: I have horribly unreliable Xfinity internet on my primary WAN.  It slows from 1000 Mbps to 1 Mbps with excessive packet loss won't and recover until I reboot the modem.  Have backup WAN1 with adequate download capacity but high latency.  My Omada router and controller seem to only be detecting whether a WAN is up or down.  Because the Xfinity WAN remains up, Omada appears to continue to route traffic over Xfinity, even though it has become too slow to handle this traffic.  At this point, I would like Omada to route traffic over the backup WAN instead.

Request: More advanced WAN monitoring (other than link up/down) such as WAN speed, latency, packet loss, and router WAN configuration options based on the results of this monitoring. 

Thanks in advance for you consideration,

Travis

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 230

Replies: 0

Voters 3