EAP 620HD Slow Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP 620HD Slow Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP 620HD Slow Speeds
EAP 620HD Slow Speeds
2023-02-12 22:04:24
Tags: #Slow Speed
Model: EAP620 HD  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20221222 Rel. 48123(5553)

I have two EAP620HDv3. I was running them on the Omada software controller, but now have them as standalone. This issue has happened when on the software controller and as standalone. The APs are connected to a TL-SG1024DE switch.

I have noted on multiple clients, both Android and Windows, that if the device is idle for a while, the speeds will be extremely slow, sometimes less than 1 Mbps. The only way to get speeds back to where they should be is to toggle the device's WiFi off and then on again. Speeds will resume to expected after that, but will happen again after the device is idle. Even if I try to connect to some cameras (which are wired) through their local IP from one of the wireless devices that have been idle, it will not be able to load the camera correctly until the WiFi is toggled off and then on again. I have checked on my switch and do not see any send/receive errors from the ports that the WAPs are connected to.

I have tried to find any settings that might be affecting this, but can't seem to find any. I am running on two different SSIDs on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. I have also updated the devices to the latest firmware, but am still seeing the issue.

The EAP620s are replacing two EAP225v2 which were working okay. I am upgrading for the higher speeds offered by the EAP620HDv3.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP 620HD Slow Speeds
2023-02-14 08:39:52

Dear @cheeseman5147

cheeseman5147 wrote

I have noted on multiple clients, both Android and Windows, that if the device is idle for a while, the speeds will be extremely slow, sometimes less than 1 Mbps. The only way to get speeds back to where they should be is to toggle the device's WiFi off and then on again. Speeds will resume to expected after that, but will happen again after the device is idle. Even if I try to connect to some cameras (which are wired) through their local IP from one of the wireless devices that have been idle, it will not be able to load the camera correctly until the WiFi is toggled off and then on again. I have checked on my switch and do not see any send/receive errors from the ports that the WAPs are connected to.

Thanks for reporting this issue in the community.

Could you please tell us more details about these clients contains the model number and NIC version etc.?

How do you test the speed which shows less than 1Mbps? Using speedtest.net website?

You may try to disable Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery function on EAP device page, and test again.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 1

Tags

Slow Speed
Related Articles