Communication between device without Internet Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-22 04:52:00 - last edited 2023-02-23 07:58:04

Hello,
I want to make a bridge with 2 CPE210, then put EAP610-Outdoor behind so that clients can connect to each other in WIFI inside this LAN.
The clients will also be able to connect to the Internet because before the first CPE210, I will install a 3G router.

I already think this is possible ?

My main concern is: if my 3G connection goes down, I won't have Internet anymore but will the client devices behind the EAP610-Outdoor still be able to communicate with each other in WIFI?

Thanks for your advice/help,
Erwan

Options
3 Reply
Re:Communication between device without Internet Access
2023-02-23 08:03:25

@ErwanA 

In my opinion, you need to make sure the DHCP Server is working and can assign IP address to all devices, it will be OK.

Check if all clients behind EAP can obtain the valid IP, if they can, I think they will communicate with each other.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-02-23 08:30:53

@Virgo 

Hello and thanks Virgo,

ok, so to make sure I have DHCP, I have to put a router (Archer MR600) just before the access point ?

3G <--> Routeur MR600 <---> EAP   -----> WIFI  Clients

In this case, even if my 3G connection stops, I am assured to have IP addresses in each client and they will be able to continue to communicate with each other?

Erwan

Options
2023-02-24 04:16:42

@ErwanA 

I think so, but here is a prerequisite, the clients don't need the Cloud to use.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 252

Replies: 3

Related Articles