TL-SG1024DE Dividing VLan Questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-24 02:43:02
Model: TL-SG1024DE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am new to all of this so forgive the questions. I am going to divide into 6 seperate vlans. During certain times (Teaching enviroment) I will need these 6 seperate vlans the ability to see each other and pass data back and forth. Someone told me I can not do that with this switch, that I need a layer 3 switch in order to route data between the different vlans. Is that correct or can I do that with this switch?

Thank You

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG1024DE Dividing VLan Questions
2023-02-24 11:41:09

Dear @briang808

briang808 wrote

I am new to all of this so forgive the questions. I am going to divide into 6 seperate vlans. During certain times (Teaching enviroment) I will need these 6 seperate vlans the ability to see each other and pass data back and forth. Someone told me I can not do that with this switch, that I need a layer 3 switch in order to route data between the different vlans. Is that correct or can I do that with this switch?

It is decided by the router you have support VLAN Interface or not.

If it supports, you can set several VLAN Interfaces on it, and then set the corresponding VLAN on this Easy Smat switch.

If it doesn't support, then this case is that you mentioned, a layer 3 switch is a better choice, please refer to this article.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 344

Replies: 1

Related Articles