AP adoption management vlan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-24 23:16:31 - last edited 2023-07-24 23:23:54
Model: EAP655-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20230330 Rel. 14305(4341)

I'm new to Omada, I'm using the software base version to see how it would help wit the configuration and maintenance of my EAP655 AP and TL-SG2016P managed switch.

I'm using OpnSense where I have most of my configuration already done. I have a few VLAN, DHCP, DNS etc running. I have VLAN 9 as a DMZ, 10 as Smart Home, 11 as internal user device and vlan 12 as Guest network.

My TL-SG2016P port 1 is confugured as a trunk to my OpnSence and all vlan trafic is passing. I have port 2 configured as a trunk also and passing all 4 VLAN. I configured my EAP655 to have each vlan assiged to a SSID with coresponding DHCP from OpnSense. I have also enabled the management Vlan to 11 and I can reach the AP correctly.

Now I tried to configure Omada and to import the AP but I lkeeN loosing access to the AP after configurarion. I'm not sure what i'm missing!!!

In version Omada Controler 5.9.31, under Wired Networks > LAN, I recreated my VLAN definition and assigned teh corespoding VLAN ID (Name: HomeNet, Purpose: VLAN, VLAN:11) and created a Wireless Network.

When I try to do the adoption, I'm able to do the initial connection to the device and to start the initial configuration, I'm able to do the assignement to the managemnt VLAN under "Services" and to select the predefied vlan I created earlier and to appliy the changes but after this is completed and the adoption is complete it loses connecto to the AP and I'm no longer able to reach the device.

I can see the newly created SSID and I can connect to the WIFI but it's not reaching my OpnSense DHCP and my device is not getting a IP.

I looked at the Configuration guid but I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Options
2 Reply
Re:AP adoption management vlan
2023-07-25 06:05:50

@BoboXX 

Hi, there must be a trouble with your VLAN settings, take a look:

How to configure Management VLAN in Omada SDN Controller

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:AP adoption management vlan
2023-07-25 11:15:39

@Virgo Yes it's configured as "Topology 2: Network with a Non-Omada Managed Router as the Gateway" looks pretty easy and simple!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 484

Replies: 2

Related Articles