Split Tunneling for L2TP VPN Client?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Split Tunneling for L2TP VPN Client?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Split Tunneling for L2TP VPN Client?
2023-12-19 06:10:58

@firefox111 

if you have not blocked anything with any ACL rules, all traffic is open in the VPN, but check the firewall on the remote computer. disable to test.
I am not sure but the ip in wireguard or ipenvpn is the router's interface on the server that is used and remoe computer allow connection in same lan, in site to site it is the ip on the remote site that is used.

I'm pretty sure there's a firewall blocking you. I have never had a problem with site to site on tp-link routers and if there has been a problem here it has always been a firewall on the remote device.

Options
Re:Split Tunneling for L2TP VPN Client?
2023-12-19 18:03:57 - last edited 2023-12-19 18:04:26

@MR.S 

Thanks for your suggestions but I'm sure there are no rules that may block my access to remote devices to come in to my local apps/devices.  With wireguard, connection to my remote cameras, my remote Home Assistant and RDP to my remote PC is flawless. With the IPSEC, they fail!  There is something in the IPSEC that just don't like non-standard Ports coming from those devices.  In th Windows command prompt, I can do a telnet to them with the non-standard port and I get connected. Somehow the return packets are NOT getting back into my local endpoint!  Anyway, I hope the developers will allow FQDN for the wireguard endpoint soon because sooner or later, my ISP will lease another IP address to one of my ER605 then I have to re-IP my Peer endpoint.

It seems to me that we are the only ones in this discussion.

Options
Related Articles