Wifi setup recommendations

2024-05-20 11:44:01 - last edited 2024-05-22 01:26:53

Hi

Having issues with WiFi coverage in two story house. Currently using Starlink with the modem in bypass mode connected to an Archer AX50. Also have 5 port LS105G connected to the router.  

WiFi doesn't reach all rooms at full strength and barely any coverage outside. Only two devices are connected by CAT6 downstairs upstairs has 4 devices over CAT6 everything else is WiFi.

577 sqm block house is approx 380sqm. Would ideally like access on the whole block as there is also a shed to the side.

I did connect an AC4000 as an access point with static IP but was unstable at best and seemed to make the WiFi worse at times.

I have been looking for soloutions online but would like some opinions from those who have solved simular issues. Would it be worth looking at a couple of Omada access points in a mesh system and turn off the WiFi on the AX50 to the current setup? Or go a completely new mesh setup.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi setup recommendations
2024-05-22 03:42:24

Wirth871 wrote

Hi

Having issues with WiFi coverage in two story house. Currently using Starlink with the modem in bypass mode connected to an Archer AX50. Also have 5 port LS105G connected to the router.  

WiFi doesn't reach all rooms at full strength and barely any coverage outside. Only two devices are connected by CAT6 downstairs upstairs has 4 devices over CAT6 everything else is WiFi.

577 sqm block house is approx 380sqm. Would ideally like access on the whole block as there is also a shed to the side.

I did connect an AC4000 as an access point with static IP but was unstable at best and seemed to make the WiFi worse at times.

I have been looking for soloutions online but would like some opinions from those who have solved simular issues. Would it be worth looking at a couple of Omada access points in a mesh system and turn off the WiFi on the AX50 to the current setup? Or go a completely new mesh setup.

Hi @Wirth871 

According to your description, the Omada EAP including ceiling mount EAP, outdoor EAP and EAP-Wall with controller might be suitable to you. You can have the cables to connect the EAP-Wall to your rooms, which will allow you to have both wired and wifi connection. Meanwhile, you could have the EAP-Outdoor to extend the signal to ourdoor or your shed. With the controller and mesh function enabled, you can also enjoy the wifi coverage in the shed.

Here are the product lists and set up video for your reference.

https://www.tp-link.com/business-networking/omada/wifi/
https://www.tp-link.com/business-networking/omada-controller-cloud-software/omada-software-controller/

How to: Build an Omada Mesh Network via the Omada SDN Controller (youtube.com)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 175

Replies: 1

Related Articles