How to discover which MAC address was used with a given PPSK

2024-05-30 14:25:46
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.12.9

Hello,

I'm thinking about the following process to control WiFi devices in a PPSK environment without Radius. My ultimate goal is to keep user from passing PSK to each other but without asking them to know anything about MAC addresses.

1. I give device owner a private PSK to be used any device without any MAC address restriction
  2. device is connected to WiFi network using this private PSK
  3. some days later, I collect a MAC address that was used with this P-PSK
  4. I update the PPSK table to restrict the precise private PSK to be only used with this precise MAC address

How can I collect MAC addresses used along PPSK ?

Would it be possible, for instance to simply parse a log file for this ?

Best regards

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to discover which MAC address was used with a given PPSK
2024-05-31 02:40:04

Oliv2831 wrote

Hello,

I'm thinking about the following process to control WiFi devices in a PPSK environment without Radius. My ultimate goal is to keep user from passing PSK to each other but without asking them to know anything about MAC addresses.

1. I give device owner a private PSK to be used any device without any MAC address restriction
  2. device is connected to WiFi network using this private PSK
  3. some days later, I collect a MAC address that was used with this P-PSK
  4. I update the PPSK table to restrict the precise private PSK to be only used with this precise MAC address

How can I collect MAC addresses used along PPSK ?

Would it be possible, for instance to simply parse a log file for this ?

Best regards

Hi @Oliv2831 

Currently the controller cannot meet your requirement with the existing feature. I have marked down your request about adding a list of devices connected to PPSK and forward to the developer department. Please note that we cannot guarantee the implementation of all requested features due to technical limitations, resource constraints, and compatibility issues. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:How to discover which MAC address was used with a given PPSK
2024-05-31 08:03:21
Thank you very much for replying. Thinking over it, I think sending a notification email or HTTP event for each successful or failed PPSK connection would perfectly match what I'm looking for, without involving, IMHO, too much changes within current implementation and leaving everybody to implement the policy (s)he needs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 183

Replies: 2

Related Articles