Authentication Portal on Omada Cloud Controller Not Redirecting

2024-06-17 11:20:31
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We're having issues with a Hotspot Portal as it is not redirecting.

Our current setup is a

ISP modem - TPLink POE Switch - EAP615-Wall
we're using the omada cloud controller.

We configured everything as per manual, SSID, LAN, WLAN, Hotspot Portal, Voucher etc. we are currently testing the connecting to the hotspot but we're not being redirected to the Portal as it is not loading. it's like it's being blocked.

I also tried to manually input a pre-authentication access url on the acccess controll settings using the url "aps1-omada-cloud.tplinkcloud.com" but we have the same results.

I tried to manually authorize the end device. since we still have the portal link, we refreshed it and it loaded properly.

I think the authentication portal is also being blocked prior to the authentication.

Please help.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Authentication Portal on Omada Cloud Controller Not Redirecting
2024-06-18 06:32:10 - last edited 2024-06-18 06:36:22

@LittleMadi 

It is likely that the portal has been blocked by your ISP router.You should add the domain name used by the portal to your ISP modem's allow list in order for it to function properly.Omada Cloud’s Domain Names

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-06-18 14:10:36

@Hank21 

Hi Hank,

We tried manually authorizing the PC and Mobile (Iphone) on the omada portal. Then copy pasted the URL (hotspot portal) over a browser. Both of them was able to reach the portal. So it should be allowed over the ISP.

I also tried allowing the IP of the gateway, Global DNS servers over the pre-authentication ACL but still was not able to display the omada cloud hotspot portal.

Best Regards,

LittleMadi

Options
2024-06-19 03:21:20

@LittleMadi 

Do you enable HTTP Redirection while setting up the portal configuration?You can try modifying this setting to see whether the portal redirects right away. Do you also test with various devices? Are they all unable to automatically redirect? like Android phones.Usually, when you try to browse something, you will be redirected if the portal does not appear right away when you connect to the network. The end device should detect something in order to react to the portal. Thus, the device itself may be the source of the cannot redirect issue. However, if you open a web browser and browse anything, the portal page should load correctly.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-06-19 04:42:43

@Hank21 

HI Hank,

Yes. Just tried it. still the same. it does not redirect. I also tried adding the URL's of the Omada CBC for Portals on the Access Control Page see screenshot below. I'm testing in 3 devices, Android, PC (Browser) and Apple. (See screenshots)

For Apple, it's just showing a blank screen but not loading. same with Android. in the Browser it just showed "Can't Reach this Page"

Omada Portal Issue Apple

Omada POortal Issue Browser

Options
2024-06-20 06:20:50

@LittleMadi 

Do you have any network speed settings? Please test the speed after you've properly loaded the portal and connected to the network. Is the speed normal?. The issue appears to be related to poor internet performance. Are there plenty of users to connect to this wireless network? Have you ever tried rebooting the EAP? Please try rebooting it by powering it off and back on. Which country is your controller account registered in? When you register the controller account, you have the option of choosing a country.

Options
2024-08-20 03:05:03

@Hank21 

I have the same problem, however Android and Windows PC's are fine...

Options
3 weeks ago

Any update on this?

Our setup:

Omada Cloud Controller

EAP225 Outdoor (with license)

The clients cannot reach the authentication portal. It seems that since the controller is hosted outside (cloud), the connecting clients cannot reach the portal because they are not yet authenticated. I tried putting the portal URLs in the Pre-Authentication Access List, but still cannot access the portal with any device.

Options
3 weeks ago

@BrtG 

If this problem is limited to a single device, you should look into that device first. To see if the authentication page appears or not, try opening the web browser and manually typing HTTP.

Options
3 weeks ago

@pjangeles 

What is the error you have? Or what is the phenomenon with your devices? Would the authentication page come up?

Options