Omada Line-up just does not... line up.

2024-06-24 18:26:50 - last edited 2024-06-25 01:18:50

Hi there,

somewhere I asked for new, thought through 2,5Gbit hardware. Now I had to realize that more potent stuff was released or is coming out. Unfortunately, one has to ask who is responsible for the hardware line up? Sorry, but if you would do such a sh*** job, I would have been fired. To be more precise what I mean:

Tp-Link has three wifi 7 AP, which cannot or just with limited functions be powered through POE+. Eventhough POE+ is suppose to deliver up to 30W and two of the AP "only" need 25W. But hey, no problem just get a POE++ switch. But wait there is only one 10Gbit switch, one Gbit switch and one 2,5Gbit switch with POE++ both the latter with 24-Ports.

To make use of wifi 7 TP-link advertises one should use at least 2,5Gbit. Great. So getting a 10Gbit switch, one does not need (and does not have enough ports) or an overkill 2,5Gbit switch just to power the AP correctly via POE++. There are three 2,5Gbit switches, why don't they come with POE++ or why don't the APs work with POE+ if the 6xxHD series does so?

Another solution would have been to put 2x 2,5Gbit POE+ ports in the EAP772 so that it get's enough power from the switches already on the market AND having higher speed. But hey, why come up with ideas when the dump customer can just deal with this kind of stuff...

As if the switch department does not talk to the development team of the AP department. Isn't someone coordinating this kind of stuff at your company?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Line-up just does not... line up.
2024-06-26 02:38:47

@Kaktus317 

Thank you for providing valuable feedback. I will forward this feedback to our related department.We strive to improve our products so as to satisfy our customers.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Omada Line-up just does not... line up.
Saturday
From the EAP 773 product site: "Notice: Due to the software update, the power supply has been updated from 802.3bt to 802.3at." I must admit: Something I did not expect. Thank you @Hank21 forwarding this!
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 231

Replies: 2

Related Articles