setting channel in ap

setting channel in ap

setting channel in ap
setting channel in ap
2024-07-05 08:31:50
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hello i am going to set 7 ap in a bar, exactlly 4 of them(one is outside)  are really for customers, the others are used in the internal area where workers are

So i m reading how to to setup the network in order to have the more reliable connection

First thing i have set a ssid only for customer, this is in guest mode and 5g

then i have set a 2.4 ssid for workers (some workers will always stand in the internal area, others will  move around.

I have set the ap to use a narrow band channel , 20 so to ensure reliability (this is what i was told to do form one user here)

Now i want to set the channel. I am reading to use, for example in2.4 distant channel, so 1,6 and 11. What is not clear is to which ap give a certain channel. For what i suppose i should not assign the same channel (for example 1) to 2 adiacent ap, right?so if i have one next to the other ap1 then ap2 then ap3 i should give ap1=ch1, ap2=ch6, ap3=ch 11. Is that correct?

are there tools to analyze an area, the one where i put an ap, for example to scan channel traffic so to make sure that it will work correctly?

am i doing right to use 5g for customer and 2,4 for worlkers?do the customer wifi need their vlan if they are set as guest?

in generally any help would be appreciate

thanks a lot

Options
2 Reply
Re:setting channel in ap
2024-07-08 02:45:33

Hi  @stefanocps 

"so if i have one next to the other ap1 then ap2 then ap3 i should give ap1=ch1, ap2=ch6, ap3=ch 11. Is that correct?" 

>>>>that's the most recommended channel configuration. 

"are there tools to analyze an area"

>>>You can download any wifi analyzer from APP store or Google Play, they will scan the most spare channels around.

You can have a look on this link:  How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products

"am i doing right to use 5g for customer and 2,4 for workers?"

>>>This is OK.

"do the customer wifi need their vlan if they are set as guest?"

>>No need to configure VLAN to block them. Guest wifi will block all the guests from accessing the internal network.

Options
Re:setting channel in ap
2024-07-16 09:52:30

hello just putting up the system..i have a question

I know that for 2.4 i should use 1,6 and 11 channel

But for 5gh what band shall i use to avoid interference?

thanks

Options