Issue with Missing Alert Logs on OC200 Controllers

2024-08-20 13:30:08
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.14.26.23

Hi @ TP-Link Support Team,

Many of our sub-installers have complained recently that they cannot see the controller Alert Logs. Their customers have reported intermittent internet connectivity issues, and we usually check the controller logs to determine if it’s a WAN connection issue or another problem before responding to the customer. However, we are currently unable to reply to customers effectively because the controller Alert Logs are not displaying. I manage over 50 controllers, and while some are working properly, many are experiencing this same issue.Please help me fix this issue and let me know how I can resolve it.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Issue with Missing Alert Logs on OC200 Controllers
2024-08-21 02:49:15

Hi  @Alex_Mahone 

I believe this is because the controller didn't detect an Alert so there is no Alert log, for example, there is no WAN down.

For the intermittent connection issue, you may pay attention to the wireless performance of the EAPs. Below is for your reference:

How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products

Options
3 weeks ago

@Vincent-TP 

I appreciate your consideration. I tested the setup on my OC200 V1 controller with the ER7206 and L2 Managed switch. In the first test, I unplugged the internet cable for 1 minute, and no alerts were shown, as shown in the attached picture. I repeated the test by unplugging the cable for 5 minutes, and the same issue occurred—no alerts were shown. Additionally, I have attached a picture of the log from my software controller, which indicates that the alert log is working fine on the software controller.

Hardware Controller OC200 V1 Global View Alerts Logs

OC200 Site View Alerts Logs

Software Controller Global View

Software Controller Alert Logs

Options
Sunday

@Alex_Mahone

Yeah, have the same issue on 200oc v1 5.14.26.23v.  Rolledback to  5.13.30.50.v , alerts log start works again.

Tried software 5.14.26.1 version on windows, alerts dosen,t work either, interesting.  (ER605 v2.0 gateway 2.2.6 firmware)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 173

Replies: 3

Related Articles