Changing EAP name or SSID

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Tags: #EAP650
Model: EAP650-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a simple network in my home with a 1 gig fiber router from AT&T and a tp-link EAP650 Outdoor
I am not a network expert, but I somehow was able to get it set up. It is working fine.

The router has its SSID and I believe the EAP is also on that SSID, I set it up as a stand alone unit.

I would like to change the name on the EAP so I can connect to it directly.
The router is in the basement and the EAP is on the 1st floor, but I believe my TVs are still connected to the basement router instead of the 1st floor EAP.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Changing EAP name or SSID-Solution

@mhaygen 

How do you manage it? Different management methods have different approaches to changing the SSID. Please refer to the instructions below.

How to configure basic wireless settings of my TP-Link EAP in Standalone mode?

How to configure basic wireless settings of my TP-Link EAP via Omada Controller?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Changing EAP name or SSID-Solution

@mhaygen 

How do you manage it? Different management methods have different approaches to changing the SSID. Please refer to the instructions below.

How to configure basic wireless settings of my TP-Link EAP in Standalone mode?

How to configure basic wireless settings of my TP-Link EAP via Omada Controller?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 104

Replies: 1

Tags

EAP650
Related Articles