cpe510 speed

cpe510 speed

cpe510 speed
cpe510 speed
Monday
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have been speaking to support about my other issue, and they have told me that the max speed I will get from the 510 is 100mbps, and it is only the bridge connection between the devices that is 300mb.

Is this true, as it seems rather pointless them connecting at 300Mbps if I cannot actually use that at the client end.

Options
4 Reply
Re:cpe510 speed
Tuesday

Hi  @LordSnake 

It's true. If you would like more than 100M from the client side, you may consider replacing the CPE510 to CPE710.

CPE710 has gigabit LAN ports.

Options
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@Vincent-TP I am not so worried about the ethernet port, as I only need that for devices that cannot do wireless, which don;t need much bandwidth

what I don't understand is if the devices can communicate wirelessly with each other at 300mbps, why can't they also provide wifi to the client at the same speed?

Options
Tuesday

The other related issue is that support told me bridge mode is no longer supported and not recommended, and I should use AP mode, meaning I must use ethernet connection to the router, which will be a PITA.

Is anyone aware what the issue is with bridge mode?

Options
Wednesday

Hi  @LordSnake 

Without a LAN port which supports more than 100M, even you could get ~300M wireless speed, the LAN won't be able to receive more than 100M.

Yes, CPE710 doesn't support bridge mode anymore.

Bridge mode requires omni-direction antenna, while the direction of CPE710's antenna is only 9° (Azimuth)/7° (Elevation).

If you need to use bridge mode and require more than 100M speed, neither CPE510 nor CPE710 can do this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 75

Replies: 4

Related Articles