Aggregating links with existing network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-02 00:34:59 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:19:30
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone,

Here's the situation:

We have an existing line with Windstream ISP setup with a static address feeding to a Linksys router.

We need faster speeds but because of our area there were no other options for us besides to get a Verizon 4G Modem. The speed is great but we want to aggregate that with our Windstream connection!

In the TP-Link TL-R470T+ I added 2 WANs, 1 static (Windstream) with our static IP setup, added WAN 2 as dynamic and let it pull addressing info from the modem (came back with 192.168.1.3). I adjusted all the bandwidth rate accordingly.

We have several network printers that we wanted to reserve in the DHCP reservation so I began to add them until when I went to save the first one and it said the address was not allowed (the printer was 192.168.1.144).

I figured that was because the LAN setting was set to use 192.168.0.1 rather than being on the 192.168.1.1 network.

I then adjusted it to 192.168.1.1 but when I saved it, it said the address was already in use or something like that, I don't actually remember! I can only assume that's because the Verizon Modem is using the 192.168.1.1 network. Right?

I tested this by removing WAN 2 (Verizon) and before adding DHCP Reservations I changed the LAN to 192.168.1.1 and it took just fine! I changed my IP to get back in and then added all my DHCP Reservations again and they saved perfectly! From there I added WAN 2 back in and let it dynamically talk to the modem but it never actually grabbed a connection, just refreshing over and over. I'm assuming this was because the 192.168.1.1 was taken by the LAN.

So my question is how the hell do I get this work?!?!

It seems like my only options are to either pay Verizon $500 for a static line or I would have to manually reconfigure the network printers to the 192.168.0.1 network.

I'm super confused, any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 0

Related Articles