TL-WA7210N Multiple SSID's issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-15 17:58:11
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear Sir,
Last year i was using TL-WA5210G to connect to WISP (Coolnet) using the feture BSSID since they use the same SSID for all their broadcasting stations, but since i started using TL-WA7210N i'm facing a major difficulty connecting to that WISP because of their SSID's are all the same (Coolnet-Hotspot) whereas this outdoor ap keeps switching between broadcasting stations instead of staying connected to the same appropriate one.
Is there anything i can do to connect to BSSID instead of SSID like i used to do with TL-WA5210G ??
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WA7210N Multiple SSID's issue
2016-07-28 19:18:12
I have the same problem. TL-WA7210N simply ignores BSSID and keeps switching between access points with the same SSID. I bought it to connect to a particular free access point to which I have optical visibility, but it doesn't work since its keep switching between 10 different access points with the same SSID (and different BSSID's) which are also around and have worse signal quality.
Options
Re:TL-WA7210N Multiple SSID's issue
2016-08-18 06:01:28
A guy from tech support suggested me a solution. You have to select "Bridge with AP" mode, with checked "Disable Local Wireless Access" option. Then it is identical to the client mode, but locked to the selected AP.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 742

Replies: 2

Related Articles