Tp-Link Access points Same IP Subnet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-29 15:46:26
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear All,
It is the first time I post to this forum but I could not found any solution in TP-Link manuals. I have attached my network setup as it is now. In the following lines I will describe the setup I want to achieve which until now i did not manage to do it.

As you can see network A and network C are in the same subnet. What I want to do is to make network B to have the same subnet also. I use the AP Client Router mode because I want to have enable ethernet and Wifi clients. Network A is working as I wanted to work, it gives IPs from same subnet as the ISP modem/router. To sum up all i want to do is a single network with or without different SSIDs. What is critical for me is that I want my devices to get ips from 192.168.10.X.
The reason I want to do that is because I want to access my devices from network A to B from B to C and from C to A and vice versa and all possible combinations.
I forgot to write in the diagram that the SSIDs are different. I do not have any problem if are different SSIDs or not.
Another question is that, there is an sma connector in the bottom of the TL-WA7210N to connect an external antenna as you can see in the picture. This antenna is working for receiving in the AP Client Router mode or in transmitting WiFi ?
If something is not clear do not hesitate to contact me.
Thanks in advanced.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Tp-Link Access points Same IP Subnet
2015-12-29 16:30:04
For your requirement, here are two ways:
1. Configure TL-WA7210N in Client mode, then wired connect an extra AP(TL-WA701/801/901ND) to the LAN port of TL-WA7210N.
2. Configure TL-WA7210N in Bridge/Repeater mode and equip an Omni-directional antenna(TL-ANT2412D/TL-ANT2415D) on it.
Method 1 is recommended.
Options
2015-12-29 17:14:25
Dear stupidbird,
Thanks for your fast answer. appreciate that,
In both cases I will be able to have the same subnet in all clients ?
Thanks.
Options
2015-12-29 17:25:01
Yes. In both case you have only one router so all the devices are in the same LAN.
Options
2015-12-29 21:35:53
@clouca, your wishes have been granted, but every coin has 2 sides, the scenario you have now, it's bettter than the one you want, with the new config. you might have exesive Broadcast, there are too many devices on your network, now A is isolated from B, B issues are not As, and vice versa.
I.e. if there is a virus on B, A has nothing to do with, with the new scenario, a virus in B will be in all the Network, that's just an example, the real issue will be latency, slow web browsing, etc. due to exesive Bradcast on the network, at the end you will only gain getting to see B interace.
Are you sure ip 120 you configured on CPE210 is out of dhcp pool from main router?
If you insist in your goal, do what @bird has posted, but instead of buying a AP, buy a router configure it in Static IP and to be able to see routers interface enable Remote Management
Options
2015-12-30 00:03:52
Hello danymarc,
I agree with you, but I want to access my devices(PCs) using remote desktop or SSH etc.. With the current setup if I want to access a PC using remote desktop from network B to C (this network has also connected devices on it) everything is fine. If I want to access a device from network C to B or from A to B it is not possible. I think I have apply port forwarding to be able to do that. Is there a different possible solution without port forwarding and keep this setup ?
thanks.
kind regards!
Options
2015-12-30 05:46:18

clouca wrote

keep this setup ?!

just one thing you have to consider about your setup on B network, wired Clients are ok, but wireless Clients pay a 50% data penalty rate,
Remember that you WILL lose 1/2 the bandwidth using the Client + AP mode because it's sending/receiving both ways plus it has to split that bandwidth over 2 separate SSID's.
thats what AP-Client-Router does, if you are ok with that, keep it, if not amswers have been delivered.
On your other question, port forwarding, remote managment, etc etc. many solutions to chose form
@clouca you never answered the question on #6
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4223

Replies: 6

Related Articles