Feature Request: SSL/TLS (Management)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-28 20:29:50
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Product Category: Business WLAN

Accesspoints Model Number: EAP220

Problem Category: Management

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: current

Option to upload your own certificates to set up secure administration using SSL/TLS (web administration interface of eap 220). Thanks a lot!
Options
7 Reply
Re:Feature Request: SSL/TLS (Management)
2016-01-29 17:10:50
I have asked a same question before, but it can;t meet my demand. So i am also feel sorry about that.
Options
2016-01-29 18:10:15

johnson wrote

I have asked a same question before, but it can;t meet my demand. So i am also feel sorry about that.

Hi johnson,

why not? I think secure management is required in business enviroment.
Options
2016-02-01 09:43:28
It could replace the certificates in EAP Controller, but not EAP itself. You could also send email to the TPLINK Support for help. http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
2016-03-07 17:15:09
Can we please get to change the certificate for the EAP Controller. It is a standard business requirement
Options
2016-03-08 10:42:24
It could change the certificate for the EAP Controller.
Options
2017-03-20 19:26:09
It is possible to change the certificate on the EAP Controller, just not easy. Generate your own key and CSR, get a valid/publicly-recognized cert, compile the key and cert into a PKCS#12 file with a "friendly name" (-name parameter when using openssl) of "eap", import the PKCS#12 file into a Java keystore file named "eap.keystore" with password "tplink", then back up and replace the eap.keystore file within "EAP Controller\keystore" with the new one you've made.

EDIT: You can find more detailed instructions here
Options
2018-04-26 01:55:37
It's really ridiculous that we have to jump through hoops to install a proper SSL certificate for a business-grade solution like EAP. Completely unacceptable in my opinion...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1321

Replies: 7

Related Articles