Using TL-SG108E to separate ISP VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-29 22:26:18
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

My isp (TM unifi) uses vlan 500 for internet and vlan 600 for iptv services. Is it possible to separate/split the vlans using my TL-SG108E BEFORE reaching my router and IPTV box? I would like to put the WAN cable from the ONU to TL-SG108E port 1, an ethernet cable to the WAN port of my router from TL-SG108E port 2, and an ethernet cable to the IPTV box from TL-SG108E port 3. Hope anyone can guide me how to set it up.

Thanks and regards,
Izzudin
Options
4 Reply
Re:Using TL-SG108E to separate ISP VLAN
2016-03-09 09:48:02
Have you set it up? And can it work now?
Options
2016-03-10 18:55:59
Still can't make it work :(
Options
2016-03-28 18:34:08
You can contact the supporter directly for help.
Options
2016-04-11 15:28:20
Having a problem connecting to tp-link to access the manual. But that seems to be a simple layer 2 smart switch, seems you even have to run software on your windows machine to manage it, no cli or web gui that I can tell.
So unless it supports intervlan routing, layer 3 your going to need something else to route between your segments be it vlan tagged or port based or actual just physical segments.
Just because you have a switch that supports vlan tags or native port based -- you will now need something to route the traffic between your segments. What router do you have? Can it run 3rd party firmware? Many soho home routers do not have the ability to route between segments or even support vlans on the lan interfaces, etc. Many you could turn nat off and just use them as routers, where the wan in is one segment and the lan interfaces are in another.. So if you have another router laying around you could use that to route between your segments, etc.
I agree with segmentation of your network, especially if you can then firewall between the segments - but that switch doesn't seem like it will be able to do what you want on its own. Once I can get hold of the manual will know for sure.
Ok got the manual finally - yeah your going to need something else to route.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1404

Replies: 4

Related Articles