Help please!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help please!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Help please!
Help please!
2016-07-08 17:00:18
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone

I need some help to design and understand a few things on a project i am working on at the moment.

I need to create a network for my home and my sisters home which are opposite each other with a clear line of sight and roughly 40m distance between them. We will be using this network for sharing internet access, DLNA streaming possibly and also IP CCTV.
I have a billion wireless modem router in my house which is where the system begins and supplies the internet. I will be installing a 24 port Gb switch under the wireless modem router in my home. I will have the NVR plugged into the 24 Port switch and also 6 x 4MP IP cameras. From the 24 Port switch i will go to something like a TP-link CPE510 wireless bridge between the 2 houses. I presume my house will be set to AP mode and my sisters house will be set to Client mode? From the CPE in my sisters home i will connect into another 8 port Gb switch which will be used to connect a WAP i assume for her devices and 5 x 4MP IP cameras(Which need to continuously stream back to the NVR in my house). I need to get roughly 150-200mbps throughput on the CPEs for the cameras and internet. I would prefer higher speed CPEs to be safe unless someone has a better suggestion?

What i would like to know is, in theory will this setup work and have enough speed to stream the cameras smoothly(even if my sister is say watching a movie on netflicks for example) and does anyone have any better suggestions for this setup?
I don't want to spend a fortune but i would like a reliable and stable connection so that i don't have to be re-setting and working on the system all the time. I would prefer to spend more in one hit than be changing and upgrading etc in the near future.
Can anyone suggest some models of all the above equipment except the CCTV cameras? Make and model suggests would be very helpful.
The other question i have is regarding the IP addressing etc. Is it possible to use the DHCP server from my Wireless modem router for both sides of the bridge? I need DHCP on both sides for myself and my sister(preferably in the same range so could possibly share the same printer for example). I would prefer to just have one modem router to simplify things and not have a second NAT to worry about if that can work.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Help please!
2016-07-10 02:59:18
CPE510 does not have Gb port
and the Gb port units are expensive and 40M is a short distance
Question, are you able to throw cable?
will this setup work and have enough speed to stream the cameras smoothly(even if my sister is say watching a movie

implement QOS
I need to get roughly 150-200mbps throughput

Megabyte is MB
Megabit is Mb/s, Mbit/s or Mbps
you mean 15-20 MBs or 150-200 MBs
Im sure you mean 150-200 MBs cause of the GB Port switch
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 1

Related Articles