HELP - Congestion or unknown problem on TP-Link 6120 ???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-19 23:40:02 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:23:33
Model : TL-ER6120

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 1.0.7 Build 20140113 Rel.63736

ISP :

PLEASE HELP! I am not a Networks or Computer Proffessional.

I have a ER6120 Load Balancing router in a small LAN mainly as a selector (via policy + static routing) between two WANs. Load Balancing will be setup later.
LAN is largely comprised of two 24port unmanaged switches, upon which - depending on connection needs in building - some extra 8port and one 16port unmanaged switches are also added in the chain.
About 30 or so computers are networked inside LAN, together with some networked printers in total and one NAS device.

2 WANs are both up and working fine, through simple commercial modems (provided by ISP) put in bridge mode and DHCP disabled in both.
However, since WAN1 is working as intranet (correct me with jargon if wrong, functions as normal DSL but through some VPN), certain pages need to be directed only to WAN1.

Therefore, a certain Routing rule has been set, where every machine on the network if it is requesting a web page of certain range (i.e. coming from the intranet mentioned before) should be directed through WAN1.
Also, DHCP is set correctly in router with permanent addresses where needed (printers and NAS).

Although this seems to be working fine for almost all cases, there is one instance of one service inside that range where the following is observed.

For unidentified reasons, sometimes this service is accessible and others not.
Sometimes, power resetting switches, router, and modems seems to work for a while (approx. 2-3 hours) and then stop again.
It looks like some sort of congestion problem is happening where some sort of buffer gets filled and nothing is routed after a while.
However, pinging WAN1 DNS Servers works fine (both from a command prompt as well through router's diagnostic windows), as well as nslookup for the service itself.
Also, running tracert command with different scenarios shows that WAN selection is working fine.
Interestingly enough, other services supported by the same server are working fine.

Does anyone have an idea of how can I come round this?
Options
1 Reply
Re:HELP - Congestion or unknown problem on TP-Link 6120 ???
2017-01-22 14:39:26 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:23:33
Hey, I suggest you can contact the Technical Support of TP-Link directly.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 1

Related Articles