connection drops out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

connection drops out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
connection drops out
connection drops out
2017-10-02 15:25:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

CPE220 set up and successfully connected for several months but today it keeps dropping the connection. This is not using wifi. It is very random - just drops out unexpectedly whether the computer is being used or not. All the lights stay on for the main unit but the client unit drops down to just the bottom 2 lights. I thought it was something happening with the Windows 10 update, but the update has completed and it is still causing problems. I don't know what I am doing with this or even where to start checking .... is this my network or the cpe unit?

Any suggestions where to start?
Options
1 Reply
Re:connection drops out
2017-10-12 17:35:05

jillc wrote

CPE220 set up and successfully connected for several months but today it keeps dropping the connection. This is not using wifi. It is very random - just drops out unexpectedly whether the computer is being used or not. All the lights stay on for the main unit but the client unit drops down to just the bottom 2 lights.

1. Is it a P2P link? CPE220 ))))) ((((( CPE220 -------PC
2. How far is it from AP to Client? Is it a clear line of sight?

It seems that there is disconnection between AP and Client. A sudden disconnection with P2P link could be caused by environmental interference especially in 2.4GHz.
Here are some steps you can try:
1. Reset both of the CPE220 and reconfigure the P2P link.
2. Make sure both CPE220 are configured with a static LAN IP address which are in the same sub net as your main router. http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-730.html http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-727.html
3. For the upper four signal lights,
the more LEDs lit will indicate better wireless signal strength
3. If the problem still exists, please ping AP CPE220 on your PC
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1053

Replies: 1

Related Articles