Problems using Access Point mode with more than 1 Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problems using Access Point mode with more than 1 Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:Problems using Access Point mode with more than 1 Deco M5
2017-11-07 17:19:30

TP-Admin wrote

Hi Michael,
For your case, no need to change the Lan IP address of your router. It's not conflict with deco's IP address.
Can you please provide us the information below?
1. How many deco do you have? How about your network topology? Are all the deco connected to the router directly?
Does the issue happen on all the deco?
2. What's IP address are assigned to deco in your router's DHCP list?
3. When the deco disconnect, is any other device still connected the router's internet and able to login to the router's management page?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]0[/ATTACH]

I have uploaded my network diagram here, you can see that my LAN clients which has IP subnet of 20.20.20.x will not be able to reach the printers and NAS that are connected to the Deco at subnet 192.168.0.x. I need the Deco to run in AP mode so that all my devices will be on the same 20.20.20.x subnet.
File:
Deco.jpgDownload
Options
2017-11-08 09:10:15
Hi Michael, please feedback your issue and the answers for the questions I asked in my last post to TP-Link support team.
The support team will help to analyze your issue.
How to feedback: press on Settings on the left top, go to Help-Email Us.
Options
2017-11-10 13:06:05
Sorry but I can't find the link you mentioned below. Firstly the Settings in on the RIGHT top, not left; and there is no "Help-Email Us" button or link in that page. Appreciate if you can give me more direction.

TP-Admin wrote

Hi Michael, please feedback your issue and the answers for the questions I asked in my last post to TP-Link support team.
The support team will help to analyze your issue.
How to feedback: press on Settings on the left top, go to Help-Email Us.
Options
2017-11-10 13:46:37

Options
2017-11-10 14:59:53
Thanks @ hansremmerswaal, I thought it was referring to this Forum page... :)
Options
2017-11-10 17:47:36
After reading this thread I belive that I am having the same issue. The difference is that I am using one of the Decos as router. Every now and then it is losing contact with the other 2 units, always both at the same time. The router Deco is green but the other 2 are blinking red. They will restart themselves but it takes 15 minutes.
To change the IP from 192.168.0.1 to something else that is mentioned earlier in the thread, I have not found a way of doing this. An other reason to change IP is that some of my devices do not accept IP.
Options
2017-11-11 02:35:55
After reading this thread it looks like I am having the same problem. The difference is that I am using one of the Decos a router. Every now and then the other 2 are losing connection with the router, always both at the same time. The router has a green light but the other 2 are blinking red. Eventually the Decos reconnect themselves but it can take 15 minutes. Earlier in this thread it is mentioned to change the IP adress from 192.168.0.1 to something else. How can I do that o the Deco? It would be great if I could change the IP as some of my devices will not accept this default IP.
Options
2017-11-14 14:45:54
Better to email the technical support to report the issue.

Per461 wrote

After reading this thread it looks like I am having the same problem. The difference is that I am using one of the Decos a router. Every now and then the other 2 are losing connection with the router, always both at the same time. The router has a green light but the other 2 are blinking red. Eventually the Decos reconnect themselves but it can take 15 minutes. Earlier in this thread it is mentioned to change the IP adress from 192.168.0.1 to something else. How can I do that o the Deco? It would be great if I could change the IP as some of my devices will not accept this default IP.
Options
2017-11-20 03:41:23
Ive got problems too, but different style.My connection is working great and stable with the machines that stay still, or move only on one Deco area. But when moving from deco to another, it gives and error "Wrong credentials" (Todennusvirhe as in Finnish). When i turn wifi off and back on, it connects without errors. If i turn off wifi password, it works great.Might help if i could manage security more (like wep, wpa, wpa2 etc.), not just secure/open.Tried two different sets (warranty replacements).Im running 1.1.5 Build, 20170820 Rel.62483.Router is Telewell TW-EA501, with an 192.168.1.x network.Atleast one device has problems, its my phone Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 32gb.
Options
2017-11-20 04:01:38
I've got some problems with Deco's too, but slightly different ones...

At the moment im using 2 Deco's. AP mode, wireless RE connection (no backhaul cable possibility). 3rd not yet connected, but soon it will be too.
1st Deco is main, 2nd is RE with and client role (one home automation device connected to ethernet port).

1.1.5 Build, 20170820 Rel. 62483.
WiFi password is enabled, and i think thats whats making the problem.
Router is Telewell TW-EA501, with an 192.168.1.x network.

When i move from one Deco area to another with my cellphone (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 32gb), it keeps loosing connection.
Phone gives me error, something like "Incorrect wifi password/credentials" (Todennusvirhe as in Finnish).
When I turn wifi off and on. It connects without errors and everything works (until i move again).

I assume the reason this is happening, is that my device has problems/slow connecting and negotiating with wifi credentials,
as this problems doesnt exist when wifi is open / insecure.

Haven't tested yet with an another device, like with my laptop, but eventually there is no matter if laptop works,
as the main reason i bought this was for cellphone WiFi coverage (as its the device that moves from deco to anohter).
Computer/laptop/TV/Game console is usually turned on at the location where i use it, so it connects and works fine.

I hope some day there will be "Use Deco app as advanced user" button where user can define wifi passwords, static IP address and stuff like that.
It might help more advanced users to find solutions for problems like I have.
Options