Managing T1600G series from outside their subnets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-20 10:36:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The manual for T1600G switches says that the web admin interface switches can only be accessed from the switch's local subnet. Is there a way to configure them to be accessible from elsewhere?

I'd like to manually check their status from elsewhere on the company's network. I've tried configuring IP-based access security and adding subnets there, but that doesn't seem to do what I want; I feel like I must be missing something pretty obvious.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Managing T1600G series from outside their subnets
2018-02-20 19:17:29

gdwatson wrote

I'd like to manually check their status from elsewhere on the company's network. I've tried configuring IP-based access security and adding subnets there, but that doesn't seem to do what I want; I feel like I must be missing something pretty obvious.

You obviously need to direct traffic to the switch in order to manage it. Wether you call it "subnet" or "management VLAN' doesn't matter. Why not designate a mgmt VLAN used only for managing the switches throughout the whole company without regular access for users?
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 355

Replies: 1

Related Articles